Sunday, November 9, 2014

C4T #3 Summary

     During my third round of C4T I was assigned The Blue Skunk Blog, which is a blog written by Doug Johnson that deals with the impact of technology upon education.
     The first post that I commented on was BFTP: All Administrators Can Learn.  The post dealt with the inability of some administrators to take leaps of faith in regards to the expansion of PBL practices.  To be more blunt, Mr. Johnson detailed the lack of faith with scarce funding in response to experimental education programs, and he also discussed a learned helplessness that many teachers had learned in respect to this problem.  My comment involved my thoughts on how confidence and a never back down attitude can carry you a long way.
     The second post on which I commented was BFTP: Distracting Technologies, and it was about students using technology for purposes such as games and social networking during class.  Mr. Johnson also discussed the possible ways in which to combat these behaviors.  I commented that I believed that these behaviors had to be tackled on the individual level, and how they were very akin to doodling and daydreaming.
     All in all, I would say that it was a very productive and interesting round of C4T's.

No comments:

Post a Comment